There is such a difference between being critical and being negative. As anyone who knows me at all knows, I am extremely critical. Some would say critical to a fault. But I don't think so. I am critical of nearly everything, television, music, social interactions; but it doesn't prevent me from enjoying myself or being happy. And I hate when people silence me because they don't want me to be a "downer" and they think I should just enjoy life, the moment. Well guess what, as perverse as it sounds, one of the things I enjoy most about life is being critical.
It's Thanksgiving time. And of course, the topic of being critical comes up in my head because as much as I appreciate the mainstream sentiment of Thanksgiving and it being a holiday to appreciate the people and things in our lives, I can't help but question what it is we're celebrating, and the history that has been forgotten in the process.
I'm tired of being around people who only talk about themselves.

No comments:
Post a Comment